Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tripping The Writing Fantastic

I have spent the past week entangling myself in words that I have been happily grabbing out of an atmosphere of nouns & verbs & succulent pronouns. Inspiration has hit me like a ton of psychedelic bricks & I have been erotically swimming in words like fever & passion & rock n roll.

I have started the proverbial article that I have been wanting to write these past several weeks. I have picked a subject that is near & dear to my rock chick heart & have been committing words to paper (yep, the old fashioned way) & seeing the light of creativity crack a smile on my face.

It feels good. It feels natural. It feels like I can still do this. That those lost words from my journalist past were only hidden in a forest under a small petrifying tree limb & like the crocus bounding to the spark of spring, the words are swarming around me with renewed lusciousness.

With fingers placed over my sweet southern lips, I am not telling you who I am writing about. At least, not yet. No need to go jumping the gun. I am enjoying this. I am thriving in a pool of wonderful words that are giving life to this project I am working on.

I am at the point where the article is craving some direct quotes from its subject. Those I do not have yet but may try to get within the coming month. I wanted to build the body first. Get the title & groove of how I want this to be.

I think about writing about as much as I think about photography now. I feel the connection & the intertwining of the two getting tighter & tighter within me. I sit & daydream at work of what to write next & the anticipation of this gets me through a long day. Once I can sit at my desk, I linger over sentences & roll them around on my tongue & try to sense how to say what I want to say.

Of course, some days I have only written one sentence; while the other day I wrote several paragraphs. Time gets in the way. I have had a busy week with normal life & photography. To sit & create is something to be savored & appreciated since I have had such little time to play with it.

So here I am ~again~ typing out a spiel about writing. Listening to music in the background & humming like a bee to an old Muddy Waters tune that is stuck in my head yet not even playing on the system. My doggie is sleeping by my feet & in just a few hours I can pick up my old fashioned pen & jot down more words in that old fashioned notebook. And I am one step closer.

BLUR

Music Playing = John Coltrane

No comments:

Post a Comment