Sunday, February 14, 2010

Getting Started ....

I have always had a camera in my hand. Since as far back as I can remember I have been running around snapping pictures of my family, my friends & especially my animals. My love for photography has never wavered. I wanted to go to USC to study photojournalism but I got married instead. Then I had a baby. Then I started to write for little underground music papers & that was so much fun. Then the baby was in school & life got really busy. Divorce, work, school plays, football games, concerts. Then I got married again; divorced again (thank goodness!!!) & here I am … again. Back to what I love: taking photos everywhere, going to concerts & writing. Hmmm, funny how life can do that to a person.

I can honestly start my life pretty much anew. The baby is grown & a thriving adult & sooooo beautiful. I still work. I still go to concerts. But I haven’t done much writing. A photographer buddy suggested I do a blog to document my “adventures in photography”. It started out as a joke then turned into “on second thought…”. I have been convinced that my “adventures” might help other young photographers out there that are just beginning to hump the clubs or crawl around yards in search of GREAT photographs that will jumpstart a lifelong career.

I doubt you, whoever is sweet enough to read this all the way through, will be inspired enough to become a photographer (or help me become a better photographer) via my adventures but you might get a laugh at a few of my silly shenanigans that I seem to get myself into or at least mumble a good ole southern “bless her heart”.

I get aggravated by how some of my pictures come out. I get aggravated because I sometimes can’t remember AT THE VERY MOMENT I NEED IT which aperature to set the darn camera to in order to get a GREAT photo that is only a moment in the making (then gone forever). But I am trying & I am learning with every photo that I take.

I hope with this blog to share with you pieces of my photography, my adventures in photography, my life, my concerts, my quests for goals. Maybe even turn you on to a new band … or two. Or a few old ones that never fail to rock my boat. And maybe just maybe you will find a picture or a story that you like.

Advice is more than welcome.

See Ya Again Soon
BLUR


This is one of the first photos that I ever took. I was all of 4 years old & this was our neighbor's dog. Not bad for a little kid in the early 1970's *hahaha*

Music Playing = Devon Allman’s Honeytribe

No comments:

Post a Comment